There will be regular trash pick-up on Saturday, Christmas Eve.
The National Weather Service has advised that subfreezing temperatures are likely beginning Thursday night and into Friday morning following the passage of a strong cold front. Freeze Warnings and possible Hard Freeze Warnings can be expected. High temperatures could quite possibly remain below freezing throughout the day on Friday and not warm up above freezing until during the day on Saturday.
Steps for Winterizing your Home
- Insulate pipes with insulation sleeves, wrapping or using slip-on foam pipe insulation. Do not leave any gaps without insulation as cold air can affect the pipe in these spaces.
- Winterize your sprinkler system by turning the water off to your irrigation system and drain your backflow preventer.
- Maintain a heating source inside the building to protect pipes against cold.
- Open cabinets underneath faucets.
- Exterior hose bibs are normally left unattended, disconnect hoses and insulate faucets with covers or blankets.
- House Shut off valve: Know where your shut off valve is located in case of an emergency. Valve is usually on the side of the house near the garage. Some homes the valve is inside the garage wall.
- If you choose to leave a faucet dripping, please only let the faucet drip slowly. NO STEADY STREAMS.
- If traveling for the Holidays, it is recommended that you turn the water off at the street and drain all your plumbing.
On November 28, 2022 the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality required the Parkway UD public water system, TX1010750, to issue a Boil Water Notice to inform customers, individuals, or employees that due to conditions which occurred recently in the public water system, the water from this public water system was required to be boiled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes.
The public water system has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the quality of the water distributed by this public water system used for drinking water or human consumption purposes and has provided TCEQ with laboratory test results that indicate that the water no longer requires boiling prior to use as of November 29, 2022.
If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact Parkway UD at 281-651-1618 or at 19333 Haude Rd, Spring, TX 77388.