In light of the Office of the Governor’s statewide disaster declaration related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and the temporary suspension by the Texas Attorney General of certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act to allow telephonic or videoconference meetings without requiring a physical meeting location open to the public, take notice that the Board of Directors of Parkway Utility District will meet via teleconference and videoconference at 6:15 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. Meeting documents can be found at ParkwayUD.org.
VIDEOCONFERENCE MEETING. Directors, consultants, and the general public can join by computer or any smart device with the Zoom app. Join Zoom Meeting:
JOIN BY TELEPHONE. If you decide not to use the Zoom app you can use the dial-in information below to connect by voice with any phone.
DIAL IN INSTRUCTIONS:
CALL TOLL FREE: 1-346-248-7799
MEETING ID: 929 2552 9477
At such meeting, the Board will consider and act on the following matters:
1. Public comments;
2. Approve minutes of meetings on July 8, 2020, and July 14, 2020.
3. Report from Direct Waste Solutions;
4. Report from General Manager, and take any necessary action;
5. Report by Harris County Precinct Three Constable, including community Crime Watch, and action relating to security;
6. Receive and approve Tax Assessor and Collector’s Report and payment of the District bills;
7. Discuss status of tax values, publication of proposed tax rate, SB 2 district designation, and take any necessary action;
8. Receive and approve Bookkeeper’s Report, payment of bills, and Investment Report;
9. Review Investment Policy and accept disclosure statements from bookkeeper and investment officer(s);
10. Receive and approve Operator’s Report, including action on customer matters, and system repairs and maintenance;
11. Receive and approve Engineer’s Report, including approval of pay estimates and authorize action relating to plans and projects, including conveyances of real property and/or District facilities;
12. Report from Storm Water Solutions, and take any necessary action;
13. Building Superintendent’s Report; and such other matters that may come before the Board.
/s/ Reginald Wilson
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Attorneys for District
If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board should determine that a closed or executive session of the Board should be held or is required in relation to any agenda item included in this Notice, then such closed or executive meeting or session, as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, will be held by the Board at the date, hour, and place given in this Notice concerning any and all subjects for any and all purposes permitted by Sections 551.071-551.084 of the Texas GovernmentCode and the Texas Open Meetings Act, including, but not limited to, Section 551.071 – for the purpose of a private consultation with the Board’s attorney on any or all subjects or matters authorized by law.