In accordance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and Section 49.063, both as amended, take notice that the Board of Directors of Parkway Utility District will meet via teleconference and videoconference at 6:15 p.m. on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. Meeting documents can be found at ParkwayUD.org.
VIDEOCONFERENCE MEETING. Directors, consultants, and the general public can join by computer or any smart device with the Zoom app.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://nortonrosefulbright.zoom.us/j/95934903423?pwd=VHBON016ckcxUlRtM1oyNDloUFVhdz09
JOIN BY TELEPHONE.
If you decide not to use the Zoom app you can use the dial-in information below to connect by voice with any phone.
DIAL IN INSTRUCTIONS:
CALL TOLL FREE: 1-346-248-7799
MEETING ID: 959 3490 3423
At such meeting, the Board will consider and act on the following matters:
1. Authorize teleconference meeting: Board finding of existence of emergency or public necessity making the convening at one location of a quorum of the government body difficult or impossible and permitting a meeting by teleconference pursuant to Section 551.125 of the Texas Open Meetings Act.
2. Public comments;
3. Joint Discussion with Greenwood Utility District:
A. Regional Wastewater Treatment Facilities (“RWWTF”), including:
i. Update on status of RWWTF Expansion Project, including site clearing, grubbing, and detention;
ii. Review proposal for maintenance of detention pond at RWWTF;
iii. Review operations, including status of use of permitted capacity;
iv. Update on status of RWWTF Outfall;
v. Reviewing operations; and
vi. update on status of RWWTF budget for Fiscal Year Ending (“FYE”) December 31, 2022; and
B. Surface Water Transmission Facility (“SWTF”), including:
i. Update on status of Sixteen-inch (16”) Water Line Along Tidwell Road Project;
ii. Update on status of SWTF Project;
iii. Review operations, including discuss surface water consumption; and
iv. Update on status of SWTF budget for FYE December 31, 2022.
4. Approve minutes of the meeting on August 11, 2021;
5. Consider the Financial Advisor’s recommendation for the 2021 Tax Rate;
6. Order Designating Officer to Calculate and Publish Tax Rates and Taking Other Actions in Connection with the Levy of a Tax for 2021;
7. Report from Direct Waste Solutions;
8. Report from General Manager, and take any necessary action;
9. Report by Harris County Precinct Three Constable, including community Crime Watch, and action relating to security;
10. Receive and approve Tax Assessor and Collector’s Report and payment of the District bills;
11. Receive and approve Bookkeeper’s Report, payment of bills, and Investment Report;
12. Discuss and consider authorization to move District accounts currently with BBVA to Central Bank, and approval of all required documentation and actions related thereto, and take any necessary actions;
13. Receive and approve Operator’s Report, including action on customer matters, and system repairs and maintenance;
14. Receive and approve Engineer’s Report, including approval of pay estimates and authorize action relating to plans and projects, including conveyances of real property and/or District facilities;
15. Report from Storm Water Solutions, and take any necessary action;
16. Election of Officers;
17. Discuss appointing a new Director and take necessary action;
18. Building Superintendent’s Report; and such other matters that may come before the Board.
If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board should determine that a closed or executive session of the Board should be held or is required in relation to any agenda item included in this Notice, then such closed or executive meeting or session, as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, will be held by the Board at the date, hour, and place given in this Notice concerning any and all subjects for any and all purposes permitted by Sections 551.071-551.084 of the Texas Government Code and the Texas Open Meetings Act, including, but not limited to, Section 551.071 – for the purpose of a private consultation with the Board’s attorney on any or all subjects or matters authorized by law.